Day 202 of #LiveWell2017
Photo by Alejandro Alvarez on Unsplash
Do you remember the story about my buddy Marvin (How a strange voice on the phone taught me a life lesson)? Well, Marvin and I have become serious pen pals. I hear from him every single day. Sometimes he sends me a photo of a flower or other nature object. Other times he pens me a little snippet of a story that gives me a glimpse into of his most intriguing life. Every day he brings a smile to my face. The other day, he sent me an email that simply listed 25 random things that he liked – no explanation, no elaboration, just a simple list. It was wonderful. Some of the items on his list made me laugh out loud, but they all made me smile – because each thing he listed made me know a little more about him and feel more connected to him.
So, today, I thought I’d steal his idea and list 10 random things that I like and that make me smile, but I’m also asking you to do the same in the comments section below. I bet our lists will trigger some good extra feelings and even make us all feel more connected. Are you game? Here’s my list of 10 random things that I like and that make me smile:
- my friend, Marvin
- my family
- hearing kids giggle
- another person’s smile
- listening to the Talbott Brothers sing
- random acts of kindness
- smart people
- books (especially the printed kind)
So, lets see yours…what are 10 random things that make you smile?
1. Breathing in fresh air
2. Hiking along a shady mountain trail
3. My family
4. Watching an otter play
5. Seeing waterfalls
6. Skipping….and sometimes tripping
7. Riding my motorcycle on a country road.
8. Talking to my 65-yr old truck driving sister – now she really makes me laugh!
9. Watching cute animal videos
Those are great, Brenda. Thanks for sharing!
3. Frisky puppies
4. People greeting each other at airports
5. Seeing confidence in children
6. When the elderly hold hands
7. Fresh sheets
9. When my dog attacks the vacuum
10. Houseplants that keep on living in spite of me
P.S. I am really enjoying your school rules!
Love this list, Meredith! Thanks for sharing.